Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (1-to-1¼-lbs.) pkg. Hy-Vee True chicken breast tenders
- ¾ cup Frank's RedHot original sauce, divided; plus additional for garnish
- 2 ½ cups That's Smart! corn flakes cereal
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee plain bread crumbs
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Frank's RedHot original seasoning blend, plus additional for garnish
- 1 Hy-Vee large egg
- refrigerated chunky blue cheese dressing, for serving
- celery sticks, for serving
- carrot sticks, for serving
Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour ½ cup RedHot sauce over chicken; seal bag. Turn bag to evenly coat chicken with sauce. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
Preheat air fryer to 375° according to manufacturer's directions. Place corn flakes and bread crumbs in a food processor. Cover and pulse 3 or 4 times until corn flakes are slightly crushed. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Whisk together flour and 2 teaspoons seasoning blend in another shallow bowl. Whisk together egg and remaining ¼ cup RedHot sauce in a third shallow bowl.
Remove chicken from marinade. Shake off excess marinade; discard marinade. Dust chicken in flour mixture. Then dip chicken pieces at one time, into egg mixture; shake off excess. Coat with corn flake crumb mixture, gently pressing to adhere.
Lightly spray air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Working in batches, place coated chicken in a single layer in basket; lightly spray with nonstick spray. Close air fryer and air-fry for 6 minutes. Turn chicken over; lightly spray with nonstick spray and air-fry for 4 to 6 minutes more or until golden and chicken reaches 165°. Transfer chicken to a serving tray; drizzle with additional RedHot sauce, if desired.
Serve chicken with blue cheese dressing and celery and carrot sticks. Garnish dressing with additional RedHot seasoning blend, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat: 0g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|