Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 cup Hy-Vee lowfat buttermilk, divided
- ½ cup Wahlburgers fresh dill pickle chips, drained; divided
- ¼ cup Wahlburgers fresh dill pickle chips juice
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1 (8-oz.) D&D Poultry chicken breast, halved horizontally into 2 cutlets
- ¾ cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 medium radishes, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tsp coleslaw dressing
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- 1 cup Hy-Vee plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp salt-free blackened seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee honey
- 2 Hy-Vee Bakery sesame buns, split and toasted
Stir together ½ cup buttermilk, ¼ cup pickle chips, pickle juice and dill sprigs in a small bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 24 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
For slaw, stir together cabbage, radishes and dressing in another small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place a wire rack in a rimmed baking pan; set aside. Combine flour and corn starch in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs, blackened seasoning and 1½ tsp. chopped dill in another shallow bowl. Place remaining ½ cup buttermilk in a third shallow bowl.
Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Dip chicken, one piece at a time, into flour mixture to coat; shake off excess. Then dip in buttermilk and coat in bread crumb mixture, gently pressing to adhere. Place chicken pieces on wire rack in baking pan. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes or until coating is set.
Preheat air fryer to 400° according to manufacturer’s directions. Generously spray air-fryer basket with nonstick spray. Place coated chicken pieces in a single layer in basket; spray with nonstick spray. Close air fryer and air-fry for 10 to 13 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°, turning and spraying occasionally with additional nonstick spray.
Meanwhile, heat butter in small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir in Sriracha and honey; remove from heat and set aside.
To assemble sandwiches, arrange remaining ¼ cup pickle chips on bun bottoms. Top with chicken, Sriracha, slaw and bun tops.