Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (17.3-oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets (2 ct.), thawed
- Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 4-in. pieces
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground Hy-Vee black pepper
- 2 Hy-Vee large egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp Culinary Tours cream-style horseradish sauce
- 2 tsp refrigerated garlic paste
- 2 (3-oz.) pkg. Culinary Tours prosciutto
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. Fontina cheese, shredded (2 cups)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray.
Roll out each puff pastry sheet to a 12x9-in. rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut each rectangle into 6 (4x3-in.) rectangles. Place pastry rectangles on prepared baking pan.
Place asparagus in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat. Set asparagus aside.
Whisk together egg whites and water in a small bowl; set aside.
Stir together horseradish sauce and garlic paste in a small bowl. Spread mixture onto each pastry square. Place 1 slice of prosciutto lengthwise onto each; top with cheese and 2 or 3 asparagus pieces.
Brush 2 opposite side corners of each with a small amount of the egg white mixture. Lift corners of the puff pastry up and over asparagus spears; press together to seal.
Brush filled puff pastries with remaining egg white mixture. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 0g||0%|