Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 loaves Hy-Vee frozen bread dough, thawed and baked according to pkg. directions
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee white distilled vinegar
- 4 Hy-Vee large eggs
- Gustare Vita olive oil
- Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, for serving
Cut baked bread into 4 (½-inch each) slices and toast. Reserve remainder of loaf for another use. Spread mashed avocados on toast. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill a medium saucepan with water. Add vinegar; bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Use a large spoon to stir water. While water is moving, carefully crack eggs into water. Gently simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until yolks just begin to thicken. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs and place on top of prepared toast.
Lightly drizzle poached eggs with olive oil and season with salt and crushed red pepper, if desired.