Add Ingredients to Cart
- ½ (8-oz.) pkg. baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Hy-Vee large egg, beaten
- 1 lb 85% ground beef
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee fine dry plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup white onions, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups Hy-Vee egg noodles, cooked; hot
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 (1.5-oz.) pkg. beef stroganoff spice mix
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee sour cream
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- coarse-ground black pepper, for garnish; if desired
Place mushrooms in food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly brown and moisture releases. Drain; cool.
Gently combine beaten egg, ground beef, bread crumbs, white onions, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add garlic and cooked mushrooms. Shape meatballs with 1¼-inch cookie scoop or moistened hands. Place meatballs in skillet or on rimmed baking sheet for desired cooking method.
For skillet method: cook over medium heat for 4 to 8 minutes or until 165°. For oven method: Cook at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until 165°.
For sauce: whisk together water and stroganoff spice mix in a small saucepan. Bring to boil; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Add chopped parsley; heat until warm. Serve sauce over meatballs and hot cooked egg noodles. Garnish with additional chopped parsley and coarse-ground black pepper, if desired.