Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 (4-oz.) bars 60% bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 ¼ cups Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided
- 6 Hy-Vee large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup instant espresso powder
- Chocolate curls, for garnish
- Hy-Vee dark chocolate espresso beans, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°. Line bottom of a 9-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper; lightly spray parchment with nonstick baking spray. Set pan aside.
Place chopped chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH at 30-second intervals until melted, stirring each time until smooth and combined; cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in 1 cup granulated sugar and egg yolks. Stir in cocoa powder and salt.
Beat egg whites in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on high until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gently fold the egg whites into chocolate mixture.
Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a thin crust forms on top. Remove from the oven and cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Beat heavy cream, remaining ¼ cup sugar, and espresso powder in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Remove cake from pan; place on serving platter. Top cake with whipped espresso cream mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and espresso beans, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat: 15g|
|Trans Fat: .5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|