Add Ingredients to Cart
- 5 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil, divided
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped; plus leaves for garnish
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic, divided
- 2 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee ground chili powder
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee ground cumin
- ¼ tsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (46-oz.) bottle V8 hint of black pepper 100% vegetable juice
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 (5-oz.) Hy-Vee Prime Reserve beef New York strip steaks
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
- Hy-Vee sour cream, for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped celery and onion; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in 1 teaspoon garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in 1 tablespoon steak seasoning, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, and Worcestershire. Stir in vegetable juice and kidney and pinto beans. Cover; simmer over low heat for 12 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pat steaks dry with paper towels; season with remaining 1 tablespoon steak seasoning. Place steaks in skillet. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare doneness (135°), turning halfway through. Transfer steaks to a clean cutting board; loosely cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
Place parsley, cilantro, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until finely chopped. Slowly add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Continue processing until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides.
Slice steaks across the grain. Ladle chili into serving bowls; top with steaks slices and parsley mixture. Serve with sour cream and garnish celery leaves, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber: 17g||61%|