Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee large elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp refrigerated ginger paste
- 1 tsp refrigerated garlic paste
- 1 ½ lb Hy-Vee boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 (6-oz.) can Hy-Vee tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Hy-Vee shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped; for garnish
For macaroni: Bring 4 quarts of water to a rapid boil. If desired, add 2 teaspoons of salt. Gradually add macaroni to boiling water. Stir gently and return to a rapid boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes, or until desired degree of tenderness is reached. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add butter; stir until melted. Add onion; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
Add chicken, tomato paste, garam masala, smoked paprika, mustard seed, and salt. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°, stirring occasionally. Stir in elbow macaroni and cream.
Stir in mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses. Add enough reserved pasta water for desired consistency. Cook over medium heat until cheeses are melted and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon into serving bowls. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat: 15g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 52g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|