Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Hy-Vee salted butter
- 1 cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 4 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee whole milk
- 1 (3.4-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee instant French vanilla pudding & pie filling
- ½ cup Hy-Vee sour cream
- 1 ½ (8-oz.) containers Hy-Vee frozen original whipped topping, (12 oz. total), thawed, divided
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, cored and thinly slices
- 1 (13.5-oz.) container classic caramel dip
- ½ cup Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate baking chips
Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside. Combine water and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1-inch round-shape piping tip. Pipe 10 (5-inch-long) strips of batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 to 33 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For filling, whisk together milk, instant pudding, and sour cream in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
Split éclairs horizontally in half. Place bottom halves, cut sides up, in a 13×9-inch baking dish, cutting to fit. Spread pudding mixture evenly on top. Cover with top halves of éclairs. Spread with remaining whipped topping to cover completely. Arrange apple slices on top.
Heat caramel dip according to package directions; spread over apples using the back of a spoon. Microwave chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH at 30-second intervals or until melted, stirring each time. Pipe or drizzle chocolate over caramel. Chill, covered, 1 hour before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat: 12g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|