Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 Hy-Vee large eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee plain panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Luvafoodie seafood spice blend, divided
- 14 oz Hy-Vee Fish Market fresh skinless farm-raised catfish fillets, finely chopped
- 1 cup Hy-Vee ketchup
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for frying
- Kosher salt, to taste
Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Stir together beaten eggs, bread crumbs, cilantro and 1 tablespoon seafood spice blend. Add catfish; gently stir until combined.
Form catfish mixture into 12 (2-inch-round) patties. Place patties in prepared baking pan; refrigerate 20 minutes.
Stir together ketchup, remaining 1 tablespoon seafood spice blend, lime juice, and chipotle peppers in a small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil to 350° in a deep-fat fryer or large heavy saucepan suitable for deep-fat frying. Follow instructions for quantity of oil in deep-fat fryer. For heavy saucepan, use at least 2 inches of oil.
Fry catfish patties, 6 at a time, 4 to 6 minutes or until 145° and golden brown. Drain on paper towels; season to taste with kosher salt. Serve with chipotle ketchup.