Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 (15x7-inch) cedar grilling planks
- 4 (8-oz. each) fish Market fresh farm-raised Atlantic salmon steaks, 1-1/2-inch-thick
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee black pepper, divided
- 8 Gustare Vita extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- ⅛ tsp Hy-Vee crushed red pepper
- Fresh mint, for garnish
Cover cedar planks with water; soak 1 to 2 hours.
Preheat charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (375°). Pat salmon steaks dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Place salmon steaks on soaked cedar planks; place planks on grill rack. Grill 20 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork (145°). If necessary, use a spray bottle filled with water to put out flare-ups.
For Chimichurri, place parsley, onion, remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and crushed red pepper in food processor or blender. Cover and pulse or blend until coarsely chopped. To serve, top salmon with chimichurri. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 59g||76%|
|Saturated Fat: 11g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|