Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil, divided
- 4 Hy-Vee beer bratwursts, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 (16-oz.) container Hy-Vee Short Cuts fajita vegetables, chopped
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle American pale ale
- 1 (1-lbs.) pkg. roasted garlic, rosemary & thyme fresh creamer potatoes with seasoning packet, cut in half
- 4 cups Hy-Vee 33% less sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee frozen super sweet corn
- 1 cup Hy-Vee Monterrey Jack salsa con queso
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- 1 cup Hy-Vee shredded Cheddar cheese
- Green onions, thinly sliced; for garnish
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 5½-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook bratwurst slices 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally; set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to drippings in Dutch oven. Add fajita vegetables and black pepper. Saute 5 to 6 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook over low for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove Dutch oven from heat; stir in pale ale. Return to heat; cook over medium heat 3 minutes.
Add potatoes and seasoning packet, chicken broth, and corn to Dutch oven. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in salsa con queso and cooked brats. Simmer covered, 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and brats reach 165°.
Combine corn starch and remaining ½ cup chicken broth in a small bowl; slowly stir into chowder. Stir in shredded Cheddar cheese and cook 1 to 2 minutes more until slightly thickened. Garnish with additional Cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||11%|