Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (10-oz.) can Hy-Vee mild tomato based enchilada sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) can Hy-Vee Mexican lime & cilantro diced tomatoes & green chiles, drained
- 1 (4-oz.) can Hy-Vee diced green chiles
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 lb Hy-Vee True boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 (11-oz.) pkg. street taco flour tortillas, quartered
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Hy-Vee corn chips
- Hy-Vee sour cream, for garnish
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
Combine enchilada sauce, tomatoes, green chiles, red onion, lime juice, and garlic in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken breasts. Stir to coat. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours or until chicken is very tender and cooked through (165°).
Transfer chicken to a cutting board using a slotted spoon. Pour liquid into large bowl; wipe slow cooker clean with paper towels. Shred chicken using two forks. Place chicken into a separate large bowl; add 3 cups cooking liquid; stir to combine.
To assemble, layer one-third of each of the chicken mixture, Monterey Jack cheese cubes, and quartered tortillas in the slow cooker. Repeat layers 2 more times using remaining chicken mixture, cheese cubes, and tortillas. Pour an additional 1½ cups cooking liquid over top to cover tortillas. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and layers are heated through. Top with corn chips. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat: 10g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|