Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp fresh lemon zest
- Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 2 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 2 cups Hy-Vee plain panic bread crumbs
- Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Hy-Vee long grain white rice, cooked according to pkg. directions
For gremolata, combine fresh basil, parsley, garlic, and lemon zest in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper; set aside..
Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer according to manufacturer's instructions or preheat 2-inches of oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet to 375°. Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breast horizontally into 2 even pieces. Place each chicken piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, lightly pound chicken into ¼-inch thickness; season both sides with salt and pepper.
Whisk eggs together in a shallow bowl. Place panko in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken cutlets, one at a time into egg mixture and then immediately into bread crumbs, turning to coat.
Fry chicken in batches, 10 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once halfway through. Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.
For the salad, combine salad greens and red onion slices in a medium bowl. Drizzle with a mixture of fresh lemon juice and olive oil; toss with salad greens.
To serve, toss gremolata with cooked rice. Serve chicken with rice and salad. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.