Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee baking powder
- 6 tbsp Hy-Vee salted butter, cold
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 Hy-Vee large egg, beaten
- coarse white sugar, optional
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp packed Hy-Vee light brown sugar
- ½ cup Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Cut in cold salted butter with a pastry blender. Whisk together milk and egg in another medium bowl. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until moistened. Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 tablespoons per biscuit. Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar, if desired. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
Combine orange slices, ¼ cup unsalted butter, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook and gently stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until butter is melted and brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool.
Combine cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until soft peaks form. Stir in orange zest and thyme.
Cut each biscuit in half crosswise. Spoon whipped cream mixture onto each biscuit bottom. Top with orange mixture and biscuit tops.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat: 10g|
|Trans Fat: .5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|