Add Ingredients to Cart
- ¼ cup Gustare Vita olive oil
- ½ fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp bottled chopped garlic
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 3 tbsp Gustare Vita white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup Full Circle Market organic light-colored agave nectar
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground Hy-Vee black pepper
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 (8-oz.) Hy-Vee Choice Reserve New York strip steaks, 3/4 to 1 in. thick
- 2 tbsp Fat Boy pecan rub
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee frozen 100% orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 4 small navel oranges
- 1 ½ (9-oz.) pkg. Italian salad blend
- ½ fennel bulb, trimmed and very thinly sliced; plus fronds for garnish
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee pecan pieces, toasted
For vinaigrette, heat olive oil in medium skillet over high heat. Add chopped fennel, garlic and fennel seed. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fennel is golden, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in agave nectar, black pepper and salt; set aside.
For salad, pat steaks dry with paper towels. Sprinkle and rub both sides of steaks with pecan rub; brush with orange juice concentrate. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a 10-in. cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks to skillet; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until steaks reaches 130° for medium-rare doneness, turning steaks halfway through. Transfer steaks to a cutting board; loosely cover with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut steaks across the grain into thin strips.
Meanwhile, carefully cut peel and outer white membranes from navel oranges using a sharp knife; cut oranges into slices.
To serve, toss together salad blend and sliced fennel in a large bowl. Divide mixture among 4 serving plates. Top with orange slices, steak and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 42g||54%|
|Saturated Fat: 10g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 52g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7g||25%|