Add Ingredients to Cart
- 12 Hy-Vee lasagna noodles
- 1 lb Hy-Vee ground fresh mild Italian pork sausage
- ½ cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped white onions
- 1 (15-oz.) can Hy-Vee crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 (6-oz. each) cans Hy-Vee tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee dried basil
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten
- 1 (15-oz.) container Hy-Vee part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup Soirée grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (8-oz. each) pkg Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, using shortest cooking time. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
For sauce, in a large skillet cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage into uniform pieces. Drain if necessary. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, ¼ cup parsley, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, rosemary, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, ricotta, ½ cup Parmesan and remaining ¼ cup parsley.
Spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 of the cooked noodles over the sauce. Top with one-third of the ricotta mixture, one-fourth of the mozzarella and 1⅓ cups of the sauce. Repeat twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Cover tightly with foil.
To serve tonight, preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes before serving.
To freeze for later, wrap foil-covered lasagna securely with plastic wrap. Label and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator for 36 to 48 hours. Remove plastic wrap, leaving foil on dish. Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 1 to 1½ hours. Uncover and bake about 20 to 30 minutes more or until cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat: 9g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7g||25%|