Add Ingredients to Cart
- Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 cups cool ranch corn tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Hy-Vee cornstarch
- 1 ⅓ cups Hy-Vee club soda
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. mini Babybel original cheese, wax removed
Heat oil in deep-fat fryer or heavy 6-quart saucepan to 350°. Combine cool ranch chips and salt in small bowl; set aside. Combine flour and cornstarch in large bowl. Slowly whisk club soda into flour mixture until batter is smooth.
Thread 2 cheese rounds onto each wooden skewer. Dip skewers into batter; roll in chip mixture, coating well. Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil; drain on paper towels; cool slightly. Return to chip mixture, coating well.