Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee Bakery yellow cornbread, cut into 1½-in. cubes
- 1 (15-oz.) can Hy-Vee pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11-oz.) can Hy-Vee Mexican style corn, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee zesty Italian salad dressing
- ½ cup Hy-Vee shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 head(s) romaine lettuce, torn into 2- to 3-in. pieces
- Hy-Vee ranch salad dressing
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- 1 cup Hy-Vee lowfat buttermilk
- 1 ¼ lb Fish Market fresh farm-raised skinless catfish fillets
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Place cornbread cubes on a large baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted; set croutons aside to cool.
Meanwhile, for salad, combine pinto beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions and Italian dressing in a medium bowl; stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate.
For catfish, place buttermilk in a medium bowl. Cut catfish fillets to make 12 (1-in.-wide) strips; stir into buttermilk until coated. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Heat oil to 350° in a 12-in. heavy skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, stir together corn meal, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in a pie plate. Coat buttermilk-coated catfish strips, a few at a time, in corn meal mixture; shake off excess. Fry, in 2 batches, for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish reaches 145° and coating is golden brown, turning halfway through. Drain on paper towels.
To serve, line serving plates with romaine lettuce. Top with salad mixture and catfish pieces; add corn bread croutons. Serve with ranch salad dressing. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.