Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 4 Hy-Vee large eggs
- ⅔ cup Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- 1 (3.5-oz.) bar Zoet 57% cacao dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (1½-quart) carton It's Your Churn premium vanilla bean ice cream
- Rainbow jimmies, for garnish
- Hy-Vee aerosol whipped topping, for garnish
- Hy-Vee maraschino cherries with stems, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a large baking sheet with baking spray; set aside.
Combine water, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
Drop into 12 mounds (about ¼ cup each) 3-inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Transfer cream puffs from baking sheet to wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each cream puff for steam to escape. Cool completely.
For sauce, microwave heavy whipping cream in medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until very hot. Add chocolate to bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
To serve, split cream puffs; discard soft dough from insides. Fill cream puffs with banana slices and ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Garnish with jimmies, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries, if desired. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat: 15g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|