Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 loaves Hy-Vee frozen dread dough, baked according to pkg. instructions
- 4 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup Soiree fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, plus additional for serving
- 1 ½ cups water
- ⅔ cup Hy-Vee vegetable stock
- Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°. Drizzle 2 (½-inch-thick) slices of baked bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Reserve remaining loaf for another use. Place bread, oiled sides up, on baking sheet. Top with fresh mozzarella cheese; lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes; cut into cubes.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add red onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. Add chopped zucchini. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until softened.
Stir in water and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is softened. Cool slightly; transfer mixture to a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Ladle soup into serving bowls; top with croutons. Garnish with spiralized fresh zucchini and Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, if desired.