Add Ingredients to Cart
- Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (16-oz.) bag Hy-Vee Seafood frozen raw EQ Peel shrimp, tail-on, peeled, and deveined
- 1 cup Hy-Vee unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Hy-Vee corn starch
- 1 ⅓ cups Hy-Vee club soda
- Culinary Tours Bang Bang Sauce, for serving
Heat oil in deep-fat fryer or heavy 6-quart saucepan to 350°.
Combine coconut, salt, and Old Bay seasoning in small bowl. Combine flour and corn starch in large bowl. Slowly whisk club soda into flour mixture until batter is smooth.
Thread 4 shrimp onto each wooden skewer. Dip shrimp into batter, then roll in coconut mixture. Fry shrimp 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil; cool slightly. Drizzle with sauce, if desired.