Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 cups unbleached bread flour
- 2 (¼-oz.) pkgs. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp coarsely ground Hy-Vee sea salt
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups drained and chopped Hy-Vee kosher baby dill pickles, divided
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee kosher baby dill pickle juice
- Hy-Vee salted butter, softened; for serving
Whisk together bread flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup chopped pickles, ½ cup cheese and 2 Tbsp. dill.
Microwave water and pickle juice in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 45 to 65 seconds or until warm (120 to 130°). Stir into flour mixture until dough forms. Place dough in a medium bowl. Cover; let rise in warm place for 2 to 3 hours or until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 425°. Place a 5-qt. Dutch oven in the oven; preheat for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut a 16-in.-square piece of parchment paper; lightly sprinkle with flour. Turn bowl over onto parchment paper and let dough fall out.
Remove Dutch oven from oven. Carefully place dough on parchment paper into the hot Dutch oven. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. dill, ¼ cup chopped pickles and ¼ cup cheese.
Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes more or until crisp and deep golden brown.
Remove bread from Dutch oven by lifting edges of parchment paper. Cool bread on a wire rack. Serve with butter, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat: 1.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|