Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (1-qt.) container Hy-Vee lowfat buttermilk
- 5 tbsp chopped fresh dill, divided
- 4 Hy-Vee One Step russet potatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) container Hy-Vee sour cream
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee kosher baby dill pickle juice
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee reconstituted 100% lemon juice
- 1 tsp plus 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Wages kosher dill pickles refrigerator pickle pickling mix, divided
- ½ tsp Gustare Vita white wine vinegar
- 1 cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for frying
- Chopped Hy-Vee kosher baby dill pickle, for garnish
Stir together buttermilk and 2 Tbsp. dill in a medium bowl. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. Add potato wedges to buttermilk mixture; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 24 hours, tossing potatoes occasionally.
For dipping sauce, stir together sour cream, 1 Tbsp. dill, horseradish, pickle juice, lemon juice, 1 tsp. pickling mix and vinegar in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
Combine flour, remaining 2 Tbsp. pickling mix and 1 Tbsp. dill in a medium bowl. Remove potatoes from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dip potato wedges, a few at a time, into flour mixture to coat; shake off excess. Place coated potato wedges on large baking sheet.
Heat oil to 350° in a 12-in. skillet over medium heat. Fry potatoes in hot oil, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning frequently. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. dill. Serve with dipping sauce. Garnish sauce with chopped pickle, if desired.