Add Ingredients to Cart
- 7 tbsp Hy-Vee salted butter, divided
- 3 cups organic rainbow carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups leeks, sliced, white and green parts only
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 4 cups Hy-Vee vegetable stock
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped, plus additional for garnish
- ½ cup Soirée shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 3 to 3½-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Transfer carrots to a bowl; set aside.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in same Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks; cook 3 to 6 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until rice is golden.
Remove Dutch oven from heat; add wine. Return to heat; cook and stir until wine is absorbed. Stir in vegetable stock and 2 teaspoons dill; bring to a simmer.
Cover and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is al dente and most of stock is absorbed.
Stir remaining 2 tablespoons butter and Parmesan cheese into risotto. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir half of carrots into risotto; top with remaining carrots. Garnish with additional dill, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat: 15g|
|Trans Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 72g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|