Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 large yellow, red and/or green bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup frozen fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 1 cup frozen southwest chipotle sweet corn blend
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee canned diced mild green chilies
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee Mexican style fajita seasoning mix
- 8 Hy-Vee medium eggs
- Crumbled queso fresco cheese, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Hot sauce, for serving
Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a large rimmed baking pan with nonstick spray. Place peppers, cut sides down, in prepared pan. Lightly spray peppers with nonstick spray. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until softened.
Meanwhile, cook sausage crumbles, corn blend, chilies, and fajita seasoning in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
Turn peppers, cut sides up, in baking pan. Spoon sausage mixture into each pepper half. Using back of spoon, make a large indentation in sausage mixture. Crack 1 egg into each indentation. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until egg whites are set.
To serve, garnish with queso fresco and cilantro; serve with hot sauce, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|