Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 Hy-Vee Choice Reserve New York strip steaks, about 1-inch thick, patted dry
- 1 cup Gustare Vita olive oil
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup Gustare Vita olive oil
- Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 1 loaves Hy-Vee frozen bread dough, thawed and baked according to pkg. directions
- Gustare Vita olive oil, for brushing
- 8 slices Soiree fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
Marinade Steak: Place steak in a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag; set aside. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Pour mixture over steaks; seal bag. Turn bag to evenly coat steaks; marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Make Pesto: Place fresh basil and garlic in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. With processor running, slowly add olive oil. Process until well combined and season with salt and black pepper.
Prepare a charcoal or as grill with greased grill rack for direct grilling over medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steaks 8 to 10 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 130° for medium-rare doneness, turning once halfway through. Remove steaks from grill and loosely cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes.
For Sandwiches: Preheat broiler to HIGH. Lightly brush 8 (½-inch each) slices of baked bread with olive oil; place on a large baking sheet. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top half the toasts with 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
To assemble sandwiches, layer steak, onions, and salad greens on top of mozzarella. Spread remaining toast with pesto; place pesto side down on salad greens.