Add Ingredients to Cart
- ¾ cup ruby port wine
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp fig spread
- 1 sprig plus 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped; plus additional for garnish
- 1 ⅛ tsp coarse-ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 2 (0.5-oz.) pkgs. dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 (8-oz.) Hy-Vee Choice Reserve beef tenderloin filets mignons
- 3 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee salted butter
- mashed potatoes, for serving
- steamed green beans, for serving
Combine port, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, fig spread, 1 sprig rosemary, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove and discard rosemary sprig. Stir in cranberries. Cook over medium-low heat 6 to 8 minutes or until cranberries burst and mixture is reduced by one-fourth. Remove from heat; set sauce aside.
Preheat oven to 400°. Place dried mushrooms, 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary, and remaining 1 teaspoon black pepper in food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend to a coarse powder. Transfer mushroom mixture to a small shallow bowl. Pat beef filets dry with paper towels. Rub beef with 2 tablespoons olive oil; coat with mushroom mixture.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear steaks 1 minute on each side. Remove skillet from heat; add butter to skillet. Transfer steaks in skillet to oven and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until steaks reach 130° for medium-rare or 140° for medium doneness. Transfer steaks to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
To serve, place steaks on top of mashed potatoes, if desired; drizzle with sauce. Serve with steamed green beans. Garnish with additional rosemary, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 49g||63%|
|Saturated Fat: 16g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|