Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (17.5-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee sugar cookie mix dough
- ½ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Hy-Vee large egg
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee ground nutmeg, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee rum extract, divided
- ½ (16-oz.) container Hy-Vee creamy buttercream frosting
Preheat oven to 375°. Place dough mix in a medium bowl; add butter and egg. Add nutmeg and 1 teaspoon rum extract. Stir until soft dough forms. Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
For icing: Combine frosting and ½ teaspoon rum extract; spread frosting on cooled cookies and sprinkle with additional nutmeg.