Add Ingredients to Cart
- ¼ cup warm Hy-Vee whole milk (100 to 115°)
- 1 (¼-oz.) pkg. active dry yeast
- ½ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 2 cups Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cups Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 2 cups Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 Hy-Vee large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup That's Smart! light corn syrup
- Hy-Vee powdered sugar, for garnish
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
Lightly spray a 13x9-in. baking dish with nonstick spray. Line the baking dish with parchment paper, extending paper over edges. Spray parchment with nonstick spray; set aside.
For cake, stir together warm milk and yeast in a small bowl. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly foamy.
Beat butter, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour and milk mixture, beating on low after each addition until combined. Beat on medium for 3 to 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms.
Press dough into an even layer in prepared baking dish. Loosely cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1½ hours or until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 350°. For topping, beat sugar, butter and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Alternately add flour and corn syrup, beating on medium speed after each addition until thoroughly combined.
Spoon small spoonfuls of topping on top of dough; spread evenly to cover dough. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in baking dish on a wire rack.
To serve, use paper to lift cake out of the baking dish; cut into pieces. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Garnish with raspberries and mint, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat: 15g|
|Trans Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 59g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|