Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 medium unpeeled bananas, trimmed
- 7 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp packed Hy-Vee light brown sugar, divided
- 4 tbsp Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Cross Keys Barbados rum
- 8 (2x2-in.) pieces Hy-Vee Bakery chocolate picnic cake
- Hy-Vee vanilla ice cream, for serving
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill with a greased grill rack for direct cooking over medium heat.
Cut unpeeled bananas lengthwise in half; brush cut sides with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
Arrange bananas, cut sides down, on grill rack. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes or until peels are dark brown and bananas are softened. Remove from grill; cool slightly. Remove peels from bananas; cut each crosswise in half.
Place a large cast-iron skillet on grill rack to preheat. Remove skillet and add remaining 6 tablespoons butter, maple syrup, and rum. Return skillet to grill. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbly. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar until dissolved. Add bananas and cook for 4 minutes more. Remove skillet from grill.
To serve, place 2 banans pieces on each piece of cake; top with a scoop of ice cream and rum sauce.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g|
|Trans Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|