Add Ingredients to Cart
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup Soiree blue cheese crumbles
- 1 ¼ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper, divided
- ⅛ tsp Hy-Vee garlic powder
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot original hot sauce, plus additional for serving
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee less sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Hy-Vee vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee chili powder
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 (10-to-12-oz. each) Hy-Vee Choice Reserve beef New York strip steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut diagonally into 2-inch-long pieces
- 1 stalk(s) celery with leaves, cut diagonally into 2-inch-long strips
Stir together butter, blue cheese, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and garlic powder in small bowl until combined. Shape butter mixture into a log, about 1½-inch in diameter, on piece of plastic wrap. Refrigerate compound butter 2 hours or until firm.
Whisk together ½ cup hot sauce, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, chili powder, minced garlic, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper.
Place steaks in large resealable plastic bag. Pour hot sauce marinade over steaks; seal bag. Turn bag to evenly coat steaks with marinade. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over high heat (450°). Place 10-inch cast iron skillet on grill rack to preheat. Remove compound butter from refrigerator; set aside at room temperature to soften.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to skillet on grill. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Place steaks in hot skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until steaks reach 130° for medium-rare doneness, turning halfway through. Transfer steaks to cutting board; loosely cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
Move skillet to coolest area of charcoal grill or turn off gas grill. Add carrot, celery, and celery leaves to hot skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
To serve, return steaks to skillet with vegetables. Drizzle with additional hot sauce, if desired. Slice compound butter and place slices on top of steaks.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 44g||56%|
|Saturated Fat: 17g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|