Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Fish Market frozen shell-on EZ peel & deveined raw shrimp, (16-to-20 ct.) thawed
- 10 Fish Market live mussels
- 8 Fish Market live littleneck clams, or cherrystone clams
- 1 lb Hy-Vee True boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt, divided
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 4 oz Spanish cured chorizo sausage, sliced ¼-inch thick and quartered
- ¾ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ¼ cups Hy-Vee long grain white rice
- 2 ¾ cups Hy-Vee no salt added chicken broth
- 1 Hy-Vee dried bay leaf
- ½ tsp saffron threads, crushed
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup Hy-Vee frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Italian parsley, for garnish
Peel shrimp, leaving tails attached. Cover and refrigerate. Rinse mussels and clams; soak in cold water for 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill with a greased grill rack and two grilling zones: direct grilling over medium-high heat (375°) and indirect grilling over medium heat (350°).
Pat chicken thighs dry; season with ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper. Grill 6 to 8 minutes over direct heat or until browned, turning halfway through. Cut partially cooked chicken into 1½-inch pieces; set aside.
Place a 12-inch cast iron skillet over direct heat. Add olive oil; heat 2 minutes. Add chorizo, onion, garlic, and paprika. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, bay leaf, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and saffron. Top with red bell pepper. Cover with tight-fitting lid; cook 15 minutes.
Move skillet to indirect heat. Drain mussels and clams; add to rice mixture; stir. Cover and cook 6 minutes.
Stir in chicken, shrimp, peas, and lemon juice. Cover and cook 8 to 12 minutes or until mussels and clams open, chicken reaches 165° and shrimp reach 145°. Discard unopened mussels and clams.
Move skillet to direct heat; cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture begins to sizzle. Remove bay leaf. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|