Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 cup Hy-Vee plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp salt-free harissa seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp refrigerated ginger paste
- 1 tbsp refrigerated garlic paste
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee ground cumin, plus 1 Tbsp., divided
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb fresh lamb stew meat
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee canola oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 12 pieces
- 1 fresh plantain, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
- Serrano chile pepper, for garnish
- Baby spinach, for serving
- Shallot slices, for serving
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Stir together yogurt, 1 tablespoon harissa seasoning, ginger and garlic pastes, 1 teaspoon cumin, and salt in a large bowl. Add lamb; stir to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 4 to 8 hours.
Combine oil, remaining 1 tablespoon harissa, and remaining 1 tablespoon cumin in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add sweet potato and plantain; toss to coat. Cover and microwave 3 minutes. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup oil mixture for serving.
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill with a greased grill rack for direct cooking over medium heat (350°).
Drain lamb; discard marinade. Alternately thread onion wedges, lamb, sweet potato, and plantain onto 6 (12-inch) metal skewers. Grill kabobs 10 to 12 minutes or until lamb reaches 145° for medium-rare doneness, or desired doneness, turning occasionally.
Serve with reserved oil mixture; garnish with sliced serrano pepper, if desired. Serve kabobs with spinach and shallot. Garnish with mint, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 36g||46%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|