Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp Weber KC barbecue seasoning
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 1 (2-lbs.) brisket flat
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 1 large white onion, thick-sliced
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Hy-Vee apple cider juice
- 1 cup water
- Barbecue sauce, for serving
- Coleslaw, dressed, forserving
- Whole wheat flour tortillas, for serving
Mix barbecue seasoning, brown sugar, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Pat brisket dry with paper towels and season all surfaces with barbecue rub; set aside.
dd olive oil to an 8-quart Instant Pot on the saute setting. Once oil is hot, add seasoned brisket. Sear on all sides until deeply browned; about 6 to 8 minutes. Add onions to Instant Pot and push underneath the brisket. Slowly pour apple cider vinegar, apple cider, and water into Instant Pot. Seal lid onto Instant Pot. Seal lid onto Instant Pot and pressure cook on HIGH for 1½ hours.
Once brisket has finished cooking, release the valve and allow steam to escape. Once steam has escaped, and pressure has released, carefully remove the lid.
Carefully remove brisket from Instant Pot and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice brisket into thin pieces and serve with barbecue sauce, dressed coleslaw, and whole wheat flour tortillas, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat: 11g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 0g||0%|