Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 2 lb Hy-Vee True boneless skinless chicken thigh meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 (32-oz. each) containers Hy-Vee 33% less sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 sprig(s) fresh thyme, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 (7.5-oz.) can Hy-Vee buttermilk biscuits, (10-ct.)
- 2 (12-oz. each) pkgs. Hy-Vee frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (12-oz.) jar Hy-Vee chicken gravy
- 1 cup Hy-Vee light sour cream
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- Hy-Vee black peppercorns, freshly cracked; for garnish
Heat oil in an 8-quart Instant Pot or pressure cooker on SAUTE setting. When HOT displays, add chicken. Cook, uncovered, 4 minutes, turning halfway through.
Turn off Instant Pot. Add chicken broth, garlic, 2 thyme sprigs and poultry seasoning. Lock lid in place and set valve to SEALING position. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE 7 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Place towel over release valve; move to VENTING position (Quick Release) to release remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape.
Return Instant Pot to SAUTE setting and bring broth to a boil. Cut each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Drop dough balls one at a time into boiling mixture; stir to keep the biscuit dumplings separated. Cook, uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in biscuit dumplings comes out clean, stirring occasionally.
Transfer dumplings to a clean plate; loosely cover to keep warm. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Stir in mixed vegetables, chicken gravy, and sour cream. Stir together corn starch and water; stir into chicken mixture. Cook on SAUTE setting 4 to 6 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
To serve, spoon chicken mixture into serving bowls. Top with dumplings. Garnish with parsley and black pepper, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat: 6g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||11%|