Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (2½-to-3-lbs.) Hy-Vee Angus Reserve beef chuck boneless pot roast, about 2½-inches thick; cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ¾ tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee no salt added beef stock
- 1 (8-oz.) can Hy-Vee no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee less sodium soy sauce
Pat beef dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper; set aside. Heat vegetable oil in a 6-quart Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker on SAUTE setting. Add beef pieces; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until brown on all sides, turning occasionally. Transfer beef to a plate; set aside.
Add yellow onions to Instant Pot. Cook and stir 3 minutes, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pot. Stir in beef stock, tomato sauce, and soy sauce. Return meat to Instant Pot. Cover; cook on HIGH PRESSURE 1 hour.
Quick release pressure. Transfer roast to a cutting board; loosely cover with foil and rest 5 minutes. Return Instant Pot to SAUTE setting, if desired. Simmer cooking liquid, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, Cut roast into slices; serve with cooking liquid.