Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. 80% lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee salt, divided
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee pepper, divided
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (14-oz.) cans Gustare Vita diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee salted butter
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Hy-Vee whole milk
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 Hy-Vee oven-ready no-boil lasagna noodles, divided
- 2 (8-oz.) pkg. Soirée sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed; divided
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook ground beef with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring occasionally to break into pieces. Transfer beef to bowl using slotted spoon. Reserve drippings in skillet.
Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes until softened. Stir in tomato paste, oregano, thyme, and parsley; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in undrained tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Bring to boil; return beef to skillet. Remove from heat; set aside.
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Add remaining ½ teaspoon salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
Break lasagna noodles into large pieces and place in bottom of deep 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Spread to cover noodles with half of meat mixture. Layer with half each of fresh mozzarella and white sauce. Top with ½ cup basil. Repeat layers with remaining lasagna noodles, meat mixture, mozzarella, and white sauce.
Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until noodles are tender and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining ½ cup basil, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 35g||45%|
|Saturated Fat: 17g|
|Trans Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|