Add Ingredients to Cart
- ½ cup cake flour
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee baking soda
- ⅛ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp packed Hy-Vee brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee large egg, beaten
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- ½ (3.5-oz.) Zoet 57% cacoa dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (⅓ cup)
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee chopped pecans, optional
- 2 tbsp English toffee bits, optional
Whisk together cake flour, all-purpose flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt in small bowl; set aside.
Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a small mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
Slowly beat in flour mixture on low just until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate, pecans, and toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough into 2 large balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet 4-inches apart.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned but still soft in center. Cool on cookie sheet placed on wire rack for 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack; cool completely.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 40g||51%|
|Saturated Fat: 19g|
|Trans Fat: .5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 86g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|