Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (28-oz.) pkg. frozen Hy-Vee steak fries
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. 85%-lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee original taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups Hy-Vee shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¾ cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Hy-Vee sour cream, for garnish
- Hy-Vee Cheddar cheese dip, melted
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Spread steak fries in a large rimmed baking pan; bake 10 minutes. Flip fries and bake 10 minutes more; remove from oven and set aside.
Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned (165°), stirring occasionally to break into crumbles. Stir in taco seasoning mix, and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove half of fries from the baking pan.
Spoon half of beef mixture and 1 cup Hy-Vee shredded mild 1 cup Cheddar cheese over fries in pan. Repeat layers with remaining fries and beef mixture, and an additional 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and top with shredded iceberg lettuce, tortilla strips, and chopped Roma tomatoes. Garnish with sour cream, melted cheese dip, and fresh cilantro, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|