Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 ¾ cups Hy-Vee powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cups Full Circle Market almond flour
- 3 Hy-Vee large egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract, or desired extract
- Hy-Vee red and blue food coloring, for tinting frosting
- Hy-Vee mini semisweet chocolate baking chips, for decorating
- Red Hots cinnamon flavored candies, for decorating
Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- 2 scoops Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee vegetable shortening
- 1 cup Hy-Vee powdered sugar, divided
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee 2% reduced-fat milk
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
Print snowman template. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Slide template under parchment as guide for piping batter; set aside.
Position oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 300°. Whisk together powdered sugar and almond flour in a medium bowl; set aside.
Place egg whites and salt in large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, on high until soft peaks form (tips curl). Beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat in vanilla until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
Fold half the almond mixture into the egg white mixture using a rubber spatula; fold in remaining almond mixture until smooth. Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a ¼-inch round piping tip. (Or transfer to a plastic sandwich bag; snip off one corner from bag.)
Holding tip about 1/4-inch from parchment on prepared cookie sheet, outline snowmen first, then fill in with random directions using decorating tip to create smooth surfaces. To release air bubbles, lift cookie sheet about 5 inches above work surface and drop; repeat 4 times. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes or until tops are no longer sticky.
Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 18 to 21 minutes or until bottoms just begin to brown. Cool 5 to 10 minutes on cookie sheet. Peel cookies from parchment and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
To decorate: On half of the snowmen, pip on red-tinted frosting for a scarf and blue-tinted frosting for a cap. Pipe melted chocolate chips for eyes and nose. Use white frosting to attach mini chocolate chips for buttons and red cinnamon candy for cap tassel. Use frosting to attach a plain snowman to a decorated one with flat sides together. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Creamy Vanilla Frosting: Beat butter and vegetable shortening in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time. Beat in milk and vanilla extract until creamy.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 0g||0%|