Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 cups Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups chocolate puffed rice cereal, divided
- ½ cup Hy-Vee unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee baking soda
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee chili powder, plus additional for garnish, if desired
- 1 cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- ¾ cup cinnamon baking chips
- Hy-Vee white vanilla baking chocolate chips, melted; for dipping, if desired
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, 1 cup cereal, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and chili powder in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in flour mixture on low until combined. Stir in cinnamon baking chips.
Pour 2½ cups cereal into a shallow dish. Roll dough into tablespoon-size balls; roll balls into cereal to coat. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until tops are set. Remove from oven; cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
If desired, dip half of each cookie into melted white chocolate; sprinkle with additional chili powder, if desired. Let stand until set.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 3.5g||4%|
|Saturated Fat: 2g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|