Add Ingredients to Cart
- ½ cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee vegetable shortening
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- ¼ cup packed Hy-Vee dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee pecan halves, divided
- ½ tsp bourbon, optional
- ¼ cup cold Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee powdered sugar
- ⅛ tsp Hy-Vee ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- ½ tsp bourbon or ¼ teaspoon Hy-Vee vanilla extract, optional
For pastry, whisk together ½ cup flour and salt in small bowl. Cut in shortening by using a fork until coarse crumbs form. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon ice water; stir with fork. Add additional water, 1 tsp. at a time, just until dough holds together. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze while preparing filling or refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
Preheat oven to 350°. For filling, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, egg, melted butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Chop ½ cup pecans. Stir chopped pecans and, if desired, bourbon into brown sugar mixture.
Roll out pastry dough on a lightly floured surface into a 7-inch round. Line a 4-inch-round pie plate or ramekin with pastry. Trim and flute edges as desired. Pour filling mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Arrange remaining ¼ cup pecan halves on top; gently press into filling with the back of a spoon.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is set and reaches 200°. Cool completely on wire rack.
For topping, beat cream, powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and, if desired, bourbon or vanilla in a deep small bowl with electric hand mixer on medium until stiff peaks form. Spoon on top of pie; garnish with additional ground cinnamon, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 61g||78%|
|Saturated Fat: 17g|
|Trans Fat: .5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 95g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|