Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (2.11-oz.) pkg. McCormick Swedish meatballs seasoning & sauce mix, divided
- 1 (1-lbs. pkg. ) 85% lean ground beef
- 8 oz Hy-Vee fresh ground pork sausage
- ½ cup white onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3 (8-oz. each) whole baby bella mushrooms, (about 32), halved
- 2 sprig(s) fresh thyme, plus additional for seasoning and garnish
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee salted butter
- 2 cups Hy-Vee whole milk
- Pea microgreen tendrils, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°. Place the sauce mix into a small bowl; set aside. Place seasoning mix into a large bowl; add ground beef, pork sausage, white onion, water, and garlic. Mix well.
Shape into 32 (1½-inch each) meatballs. Place in a greased large rimmed baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until meatballs reach 165°.
Meanwhile, heat butter and thyme in a large skillet over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add mushrooms. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Remove from skillet; set aside. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels.
Whisk whole milk and reserved sauce mix in same skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute. Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in coarse ground pepper and chopped fresh thyme, if desired.
Alternately thread 2 mushroom halves and 1 meatball onto 4-inch cocktail picks. Serve with sauce. Garnish kabobs with additional chopped thyme and pea microgreen tendrils, if desired.