Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee honey
- 1 tbsp Lola's original hot sauce
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 1 (3-lbs.) pkg. Hy-Vee fresh 100% natural chicken leg quarters
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 1 cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts tri-colored chopped bell peppers
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee less sodium soy sauce, or gluten-free tamari sauce
- Green onions, sliced; for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together honey, hot sauce, and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place chicken, skin-side down, in Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until skin is golden brown; do not turn over. Remove from Dutch oven; set aside.
Add bell peppers to pan drippings in Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, salt, rice, and soy sauce. Place chicken, skin-side up, on rice mixture. Brush top of chicken with honey mixture.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover Dutch oven. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken reaches 165°. Remove from oven; spoon remaining honey mixture over chicken. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 43g||55%|
|Saturated Fat: 12g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|