Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hy-Vee salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. That's Smart! salted butter, softened
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. That's Smart! 2% reduced-fat milk
- Coarsely ground Hy-Vee black pepper
- 4 (4-oz.) boneless top loin pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee canola oil
- 1 cup refrigerated pressed apple juice
- ¾ tsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee Dijon mustard
- 2 Gala apples, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped, plus additional for garnish
Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water; add ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and gently boil for 12 to 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain well.
Return potatoes to saucepan. Add ¼ cup butter; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in enough milk until light and fluffy; season to taste with salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Heat canola oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add pork chops and cook over medium heat for 7 to 9 minutes or until pork reach 145°, turning halfway thorough. Transfer pork chops to a plate; cover to keep warm.
Whisk together apple juice, corn starch, apple pie spice and mustard; set aside.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add apples, onion and ½ teaspoon thyme. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or just until softened, stirring frequently. Push apples and onion to side of skillet. Add apple juice mixture to center of skillet; cook and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return pork chops to skillet and heat through. Garnish with additional thyme, if desired. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 26g||33%|
|Saturated Fat: 13g|
|Trans Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|