Add Ingredients to Cart
- ¼ cup roasted and salted shelled pistachios, chopped; plus additional for garnish
- 2 Anjou pears, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- ½ cup Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 (16.5-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee extra moist spice deluxe cake mix
- 1 water
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee vegetable oil
- 3 Hy-Vee large eggs
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick spray.
Place ¼ cup pistachios in center of cake pan. Arrange pear slices in a circular fashion around pistachios, slightly overlapping slices.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and maple syrup; cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Pour over pears in cake pan; set aside.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife along edge of pan to loosen cake. Place a serving plate on top of cake pan; carefully invert cake pan onto plate. Remove cake pan. Garnish with additional chopped pistachios, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat: 5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|