Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (3-lb.) pkg. Hy-Vee family pack fresh chicken wings, about 10 wings
- 1 cup pickle brine, from Hy-Vee kosher dill pickles
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Kentucky bourbon whiskey
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee honey
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp That's Smart! onion powder
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
- Hy-Vee kosher dill pickles, sliced; for serving
Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour pickle brine over chicken; close bag. Turn bag to evenly coat chicken with brine. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag every 30 minutes.
Combine brown sugar, bourbon, honey, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside ¼ cup for dipping sauce; use remaining sauce for brushing.
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil. Spray a wire rack with nonstick spray; place in prepared pan. Remove chicken from brine; discard brine in bag. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Arrange chicken on wire rack in prepared pan.
Brush chicken wings with ¼ cup bourbon mixture. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove chicken from oven. Brush with remaining bourbon mixture.
Place oven rack 6 inches from heat. Preheat broiler to HIGH. Broil chicken wings for 10 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°, turning halfway through. Serve chicken with reserved bourbon mixture for dipping. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired. Serve with pickle slices.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat: 1.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 0g||0%|