Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 medium yellow beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Hy-Vee white distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 2 tsp tsp. pickling spice
- 1 tbsp tbsp. coriander seeds
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 7 fresh basil leaves
Fill a quart jar with sliced beets; set aside.
Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and pickling salt in a small saucepan. Add coriander seeds, cinnamon sticks, and fresh basil leaves. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar.
Pour hot brine and spices over beets in jar. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.