Add Ingredients to Cart
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. Hy-Vee teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tbsp gingerroot, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb fresh ground pork
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- Hy-Vee kosher salt
- Hy-Vee coarse-ground black pepper
- 4 Hy-Vee Bakery brioche hamburger buns, split
- Honey barbecue sauce, for serving
- Avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced for serving
- Pickled jalapeno slices, for serving
- Hy-Vee lightly salted crispy onions, for serving
Combine teriyaki sauce, minced garlic, gingerroot, and parsley in a medium bowl. Add pork; gently mix. Shape into 4 meatballs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, toss pineapple slices with teriyaki sauce; marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over high heat. Place a large cast-iron griddle on grill rack to preheat. Remove meatballs from refrigerator; sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Place meatballs 1 inch apart on hot griddle. Sear for 30 seconds. Smash burgers to ¼-inch thickness using a large spatula. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Turn over burgers; cook 4 to 6 minutes more or until burgers reach 160°. During the last 3 to 5 minutes, place pineapple slices on grill grate; grill until charred and softened.
Butter and toast brioche hamburger buns. To assemble, brush bun bottoms with honey barbecue sauce; top each with a burger, avocado slices, pickled jalapeno slices, crispy onions, additional barbecue sauce, and bun top.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat: 11g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||11%|